ABOUT CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY:
The Centre for Biotechnology was established in 1989 with a mission to disseminate knowledge in the field of Biotechnology and allied areas through teaching and learning process. The department offers Post-Graduate programmes like M.Tech in Biotechnology, M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology & Ph.D in Biotechnology to generate competent human resources. Biotechnology is the thrust area of the 21st century and is considered the fast growing discipline across the world. The faculty members of the centre are actively involved in both teaching and research.
Imparting technical education that encourages independent thinking develops strong domain of knowledge, hones contemporary skills and positive attitude towards holistic growth of young minds
Post graduate teaching in the field of Biotechnology to multidisciplinary entrants in a student centric environment for learning and acquiring strong skills in Biotechnology.
Providing adequate hands on experience to research aspirants in frontier areas of Biotechnology.
To promote the development of socially and ethically responsible students with strong interpersonal skills.
Promoting a flexible, adaptive and life-long learning ability among the students.
Promoting collaborative linkages with Industries and research organizations for knowledge exchange and possible process/product development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
· PEO1: The graduates of this program will acquire an in-depth knowledge of the different disciplines of biotechnology that will enable them to pursue research or obtain employment in core biotechnology or its allied sciences.
· PEO2: The graduates of this program will acquire adequate scientific knowledge and technical skills to comprehend, troubleshoot and design novel processes/technologies for production of innovative products.
· PEO3: The graduates of this program will acquire competence to collaborate across the disciplines to obtain potential solutions in varying fields like medicine, agriculture and environment.
· PEO4: The graduates of this program will demonstrate strong professional values and ethical attitude with social and moral responsibility.
· PEO5: The graduates of this program will acquire scientific knowledge and temperament that will enable them to upgrade their skill set constantly and promotes a lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
· PO1 - An ability to independently carry out research/investigation development work to solve practical problems
· PO2 - An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
· PO3 - Students will demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
· PO4 - Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement and adopt to changing professional and societal needs