The Head of the Institution is the Director. In academic matters, the Heads of the Departments and other faculty members assist the Director.. Technical personnel support laboratories in the different departments. Each department has an office besides the central office of the Director. In the day-to-day office administration, the Deputy Registrar / Asst. Registrar help the Director.
The Institute has attained Autonomous status from JNTUH as well as UGC New Delhi . Important academic decisions are taken by the following committees:
It shall be wholly responsible for framing Academic policies, approving regulations, syllabus etc.
Composition of the Academic Council
Functions of the Academic Council :
- Director, Chair Person
- All the Heads of Departments
- All Professors
- Not less than three experts from outside the Colleges from Industry etc. to be nominated by the Chairman
- Director, Academic Planning and Director of Evaluation.
- Officer in-charge of Examinations.
Sanctions and approvals of the proposals with or without modifications of the Boards of Studies with regard to Course of Study, Academic Regulations, Curriculum, Syllabi and Evaluation arrangements.
College Advisory Committee:
- Frame regulations for Conduct of Exams, for upgrading quality of teaching and evaluation.
- Make regulations for Sports and Extra-curricular activities.
- Approve candidates for conferment of Degrees / Diplomas by the University.
- Recommend to the University for Institution of Scholarships / Gold Medals and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- It shall act as an Advisory body in day-to-day matters of the Institute
- Composition of the Committee:
- All Heads
- All Heads
- SpeciaL Officer (FDH/PTPG)
Board of Studies (for each Faculty)
Chairman : Head of the Department
Functions of Board of Studies:
- Two or Three teachers nominated by the University.
- Two or Three teachers of the dept. nominated by the Academic Council.
- Two experts in each subject from out side the college to be nominated by the Academic council.
- Prescribing regulations and syllabus for various courses.
- Revising and updating the syllabus from time to time.
- Introducing new courses.
- Determining the system of continuous assessment.
- Recommending panel of examiners.